Friday, August 15, 2014

Seattle, the way I see it...day 3.

     My 3rd and last day in Seattle was the busiest. I start out going to "The Underground Tour" first. I wanted to catch the 1st tour of the day, so I was there at 9am. On my way there I came across "The Hammerman". This statue was really tall with a swinging arm. It was located outside the Seattle Art Museum.


      The Underground Tour was very interesting, but very fast moving, making it hard to compose photographs. I think next time I will take the private tour, which cost $180.00. The normal tour is $20.



    After the Underground tour, it was time to find the Fremont Troll. My friends at work told me it was not to be missed. So, to city bus rides later, I found myself staring into the eye of the troll. The Fremont troll is a huge statue of this troll with a full size VW bug in it's hand. As I watched people come in groups to take their picture with the troll, I heard the phrase "stick your head up his nose" at least a dozen times.





      This is what the troll sees, day in, day out...

    So, from Fremont troll, I took a city bus to the Seattle Center. My goal: Pacific Science Center. I bought a ticket that got me into the Science Center and 1 imax show. The Science Center was not as big as I remember as a kid. Maybe I just got bigger?

        So, I left the Science Center after about 45min, with about 2hrs before my IMAX show started. I took some photos of the Monorail and the EMP museum.














  This Photograph of the Monorail is one of the best photos I took on my trip...i think.



    The EMP museum, I had no plans of going in there. But, I just wanted to take a quick peek. That's all it took for me to buy a ticket. I loved this place. I ended up going back after my IMAX show. It was awesome!




On my way back to my motel, I had to stop at the gum wall. The gum wall is a wall near Pike Place Market, that people have been sticking chewed gum on for years. People say that it's gross, but they keep going and having there picture taken in front of it!



       They say all good thing come to an end and so must my Seattle trip. But at last I have next time to look forward to...




                                                                           





No comments:

Post a Comment