Monday, September 9, 2013

Camping trip : summer 2013


      This August I got to go on a short trip with a couple of fellow photography students. I don't get to go on many photo trips to the woods like this, so I was pretty excited. I began to try and think of the type of photos that I would be looking for. The above photo is an example of "flowing water". I wanted to try and take some long shutter speed to make the water look, I don't know how to say it, but, "misty"? I succeeded a little, but I feel I needed a filter to cut some of the light to get the shutter speed I want. In short, it was to bright out. I wanted to try these water shoots to try and visably make time slow down. It seems our lives are moving so quickly that we forget to stop and see the beauty around us and how beautiful thing are when you slow down.


   







 Well, I know what your saying, "This isn't nature!" Maybe not in
the typical sense, but, This is an old water turbine, placed out in front
of a dam we stopped at. This is one of man's ways of controlling
nature (for a time) for his own purpose. That's sort of nature like...
besides, their pretty cool







     "Out of Place" We all feel like that in our own life's sometimes. I know I do. Sometime I feel like this little dried out leave. But sometimes I forget that like this leave, I have a lot of other leaves supporting me. And I am lucky, very lucky to have my support group. My family, and the people I work with, all who I think of as my friends.





    "Light from Above"  Biblical refrance, maybe. Teacher refrance, maybe. work refrance, maybe. Just remember, light coming from above, for the most part, lights your way. Try not to block it.

No comments:

Post a Comment