Friday, April 28, 2017

Climbing with: Kelley!


    So, for this "Climbing with:" post, I photographed Kelley.  Now, I must admit, I hardly know Kelley. I had seen her climbing at the gym a few times, and the first time I talked with her, I asked her if we could do a shoot for a post on my blog and she said sure.

  



       As I started photographing, she told me she only had about 90 minutes to shoot. With so little time to shoot, I had little time to talk to her, so I don't have much to write about. So, most of what I write in this blog will be my own observations of her.  ...And their all good!







      Hair's up, shoe's on! I noticed she has one dread lock? Cool, but I've never seen just one. Maybe she's just an undercover rebel? I've always  notice  that climbers shoes are so small. Many take their shoes off between climbs.
                                                                                                                                                                       





    
     One thing I noticed about Kelley is there is no wasted movement when she is climbing. she hits every hand hold and every foot hold with a purpose. Every move is strong and precise. It is the kind of climbing that is beautiful to watch and easy to photograph!





     Another thing I noticed was her focus.  There was not a lot of visiting or chatting. She was , of course, polite with the other climbers, "Hey, how are you? Good! See you later!" She'd fall off the wall, look at the holds for a second, and Bam! back on the wall! This may have been because of the hour she had to climb, but she was focused!




        after an hour of climbing, she did a short cool down stretching routine, and then she was off to an appointment. It was the shortest, most productive shoot that I've ever had at the climbing gym!




      In closing, I'd like to just say that Kelley is a beautiful climber. Every move she makes on the wall is a photograph. Thanks for allowing me to photograph your climbing day!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete