Thursday, January 28, 2016

My 6 favorite portraits of 2016

       I know it's a little late for a top list of 2015, but, you know, I'm a little slow. And a top 6 list. They have top 10 list and maybe, top 5 list, but a top 6 list? Who does that?...THIS GUY!! Ha! Actually, I meant to do a top 5 list, but I miscounted. So really, you win! Anyway, before I start, I just want to say that if you modeled for me and you don't have a photo on this list, please don't take it personally. All my models did a great job this year and I appreciate you all and would love to work with you again! (That is an open invitation!)

#6

       This is from an engagement shoot I did. When I shoot at Manito park, I like to photography my clients through falling water from a giant fountain. It gives a cool raining effect. In this photograph, my auto-focus, focused on the water for a split second instead of the couple. I really like it. I think it somehow gives the photo a calming, loving feeling.

#5






        What can I say? I'm a sucker for a great smile! And awesome tattoos! And dreads! And dimples! And stunning eyes! Need I say more! I did a yoga shoot with kelle here and after the yoga shots, she put on this dress and we continued the shoot. She changed her clothes around the corner of this building, that we thought was a hidden corner. But, I guess the security cameras had a great view. After she was done changing, AFTER, the security guard came out and said she couldn't change there. Good to know, thanks!

#4


      Jeni and I were walking out of the gardens at Manito Park when I noticed the red flowers behind her. With her dark hair, dark shirt and tan complexion, her eyes just stood out. It took a lot of attempts to get this shot, because I was holding my camera above my head, shooting at a downward angle. This was the only way I knew of to get as much of the red flower bed behind her.

#3


    I met Rachel at Wild Walls climbing gym a few years back, and she told me she plays Polo. I said "you mean, on horses?" That's what she meant. I have gone out and photographed her getting the horse ready, herself ready and her playing a few times. For this portrait, I asked her if I could photograph her, with her mallet, right after she put the horses away. She said sure, but I'm all dirty, sweat, and gross. Great, I said, That's just what I want! I think it turned out great. Very raw, rough and tough, and gritty looking!

#2




    
      Those few who have modeled for me, know I rarely hold my camera straight up and down. Vertical or horizontally. I hold my camera at an angle a lot. I like diagonal lines. This portrait takes that line, and runs with it. The angle of her legs and the tilt of her head makes her appear to be sliding down and right out of the photo!

And #1


     The girl in the photo is my niece. She needed some modeling portfolio photos done. And she wanted some with a horse. I don't have a horse, so my sister found someone she know who has a horse. They lived in Deer park.We started photographing in Spokane Valley, then in downtown Spokane, then off to Deer Park, for the horse photos. This all took like 5hrs, including driving. Along the way, my sister found out that the horse was no longer available, as the lady was not going to be able to meet us. So my sister got on the phone and begin looking for a horse in Deer Park. At the last minute she found one. A friend of a friends cousin's friends family had one and they were home. I could not have planned it any better. The horse's coloring matched my niece's coat, shirt, and hat perfectly. She walked the horse around the yard and the posing between the two was great!


    Well, That's it. I hope you liked looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them. I can't wait for my next photo shoot of the new year! And a big thanks to ALL my models of 2015! You are all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment