Wednesday, February 26, 2014

" I'm an adventouer first, then a model! "

   



    
    


  I met Genevieve while photographing at Wild Walls climbing gym. We got to talking and she asked if I wanted to photograph her climbing outdoors sometime. I think she wanted to know if I was brave enough! Well, I jumped at the chance, of course!
         



             It took about an hour for her to get set up, which was not a problem. Safety first. Really didn't want her falling to her death. But talking with her was very cool. She is a strong willed, free-spirted individual who loves to live life to the fullest. As soon as she was ready, I found my view point to photograph from. I little tree growing out of the edge of the rock. If it broke, These would be my last photographs. Looking back on it, I would do this again without my own safety rope.


            When we finished the day day, she told me of this photo concept that she wanted to shoot said it involved throwing money off a train trestle, and if I'd be interested in photographing it. Again, I never turn down a chance to photograph something awesome.




















 
                 She defiantly had a concept. She wanted her and her friend Zach to climb to the top cement base of a railroad trestle and throw money off it. It was to represent anti-materialism. She really liked the finial photo.                  

                                      "Only when you lose everything, will you do anything." ~Genevieve~


             After we shot that, I photographed her on the metal underneath the trestle. These shots turned out great. I'd love to go back and photograph her there again, but that will have to wait. She is in Brazil right now on a new adventure.




        ...and this post wouldn't be complete if I didn't thank Genevieve's friend Zach, who help out with the concept shot. He is a brave soul to climb up there with her. And thanks for helping out with the other photos, as well. And, of course, thanks to my stunt model, Genevieve. Can't wait to photograph when you get back!



No comments:

Post a Comment